Everything about Soccer Sucks

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Everything about Soccer Sucks

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:21 am

He sucks, you were told he sucks, and now YOU'RE stuck with him.

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Amazing fucking game in Charlotte between Mexico and Trindad & Tobago. Holy shit.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:06 am

Fuck Klinsmann.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:16 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Fuck Klinsmann.

I was there for the Brazil game; it was brutal.
Luckily, I was extremely drunk to numb the effects.
I like Klinsmann but I'm not sure what he was thinking with the lineup.

P.s. There were easily more Brazil fans then usmnt fans Which was annoying.

P.p.s. Neymar is a fag.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:44 am

Klinsmann = Henning

Over his head.

Georgia alum friend of mine told me that Klinsmann is like a College Football Head Coach who is pretty good at recruiting players from places previous coaches had no chance with, but once the head set is on, he's clueless.

Was at Legends in NYC watching the game with friends, in the end, chose to talk CFB with an Ohio State alum friend of mine cuz we were THAT disgusted.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:10 am

Love soccer fans. Lose a friendly to a world power, sky is falling. Dude just beat back to back world powers like a month ago, and didn't do any worse in the WC than that stiff Bradley, and he did it without a real striker. Also went on a long ass winning streak before the WC.

Are you guys still butthurt over the corpse of Landon Donovan being put out to pasture, or is there something more to this irrational hatred? I find it hard to compare football strategy with "run a 4-4-2, not a 4-5-1"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Love soccer fans. Lose a friendly to a world power, sky is falling. Dude just beat back to back world powers like a month ago, and didn't do any worse in the WC than that stiff Bradley, and he did it without a real striker. Also went on a long ass winning streak before the WC.

Are you guys still butthurt over the corpse of Landon Donovan being put out to pasture, or is there something more to this irrational hatred? I find it hard to compare football strategy with "run a 4-4-2, not a 4-5-1"

Not at all, he thought he was above the team. Newbz may be butt hurt, but there are those who followed the game before he went pro.

Klinsmann isn't great as a head coach. He's not a tactics guy. Simple as that, he just says, "Go out there in this formation, with this lineup, 'express yourself' on the field, blah blah blah." But you don't know the difference anyway...
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:00 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Love soccer fans. Lose a friendly to a world power, sky is falling. Dude just beat back to back world powers like a month ago, and didn't do any worse in the WC than that stiff Bradley, and he did it without a real striker. Also went on a long ass winning streak before the WC.

Not at all, he thought he was above the team. Newbz may be butt hurt, but there are those who followed the game before he went pro.

Klinsmann isn't great as a head coach. He's not a tactics guy. Simple as that, he just says, "Go out there in this formation, with this lineup, 'express yourself' on the field, blah blah blah." But you don't know the difference anyway...

He's the all-Time winningest men's national team coach by percentage. He navigated his team through last summers group of death and has some signature wins over more skilled, vastly superior opponents. Brazil has been a nemesis under his tenure but with world class players like Hulk, Marcelo, David Luis, that fag Neymar, etc. it's not the end of the world to lose to them in a friendly.

The amount of Klinnsmann hate by U.S. Soccer fans is comical.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:24 pm

So? I don't give a shit about US national team coaches winning friendlies. If people wanna be over the moon about that shit, keep on keeping on.

And Klinsmann has never coached the US in a quarter final at the World Cup. The coach who did beat the #5 team in the world in the group stage. I'll give Klinsmann this, though, I got to watch the USA get a miracle point at the Azteca Stadium in 2013.

And it's comical to see the nut riding of Klinsmann on twitter by USMNT fans based on his past exploits with another national team. FC Bayern fans though despised his short-lived coaching tenure, however. Probably just as comical?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:35 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

The day I know the difference in soccer tactics, call 911 and have them report directly to my carbon dioxide filled vehicle.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:28 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:So? I don't give a shit about US national team coaches winning friendlies. If people wanna be over the moon about that shit, keep on keeping on.

And Klinsmann has never coached the US in a quarter final at the World Cup. The coach who did beat the #5 team in the world in the group stage. I'll give Klinsmann this, though, I got to watch the USA get a miracle point at the Azteca Stadium in 2013.

And it's comical to see the nut riding of Klinsmann on twitter by USMNT fans based on his past exploits with another national team. FC Bayern fans though despised his short-lived coaching tenure, however. Probably just as comical?

Bruce Arenas 02 team had a group of Portugal (win), South Korea (draw), Poland (loss) which was pretty similar to last summers Portugal (draw), Ghana (win), and Germany 1-0 loss. Only instead of getting a gift in Mexico like in 2002 during the round of 16, we got Belgium and lost 2-1.

The klinnsmann hate is irrational and there is far more of it than love if you read the internets. I don't think it's fair to judge him until he gets another World Cup cycle under his belt.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:57 pm

Pretty much everyone agrees that Low was the guy behind Germany's World Cup success and not Klinsmann. At least from a tactical POV. Klinsmann's been great about getting non-Americans to become FIFA Americans though. So that's something. That said, USSF is a clusterfuck in general.

And the gift from 2002 was Portugal shitting the bed once again in the World Cup against South Korea in the group stage. The Poland loss was awful.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:09 pm

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:11 pm

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:18 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

He's the all-Time winningest men's national team coach by percentage. He navigated his team through last summers group of death and has some signature wins over more skilled, vastly superior opponents. Brazil has been a nemesis under his tenure but with world class players like Hulk, Marcelo, David Luis, that fag Neymar, etc. it's not the end of the world to lose to them in a friendly.

Who is this Klinnsmann everybody is talking about?
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:44 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

Someone who should drink a pint of bleach for dinner.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:48 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

Someone who should drink a pint of bleach for dinner.

That narrows it down to half the planet (maybe a little more).
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun May 22, 2016 1:59 am

7-0.

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Great. Argentina is next.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:20 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Great. Argentina is next.

That game fucking sucked.
Then again, it could be worse. We could have lost to the 3rd ranked team in the world by a touchdown. :lol:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:07 am

Minute I found out that Wondo was starting, I knew we weren't going to win.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:00 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Minute I found out that Wondo was starting, I knew we weren't going to win.

I know. Wondo's the worst.

I have no idea who Wondo is.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:37 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Minute I found out that Wondo was starting, I knew we weren't going to win.

I know. Wondo's the worst.

I have no idea who Wondo is.

i assumed it was some cosplay dude

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:50 am

speaking of cosplay, if anyone here sees this guy in chicago.

please direct him to the nearest gangland shootout. thanks.

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:59 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:speaking of cosplay, if anyone here sees this guy in chicago.

Is that the Orlando shooter's father? Why would he be in Chicago?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:04 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:speaking of cosplay, if anyone here sees this guy in chicago.

i think it's radar o'reilly. i guess eleazar is a jamie farr fan
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:20 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

i think it's radar o'reilly. i guess eleazar is a jamie farr fan

Hmmm. Interesting. I had him pegged as more of a Charles Nelson Reilly kind of guy.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:17 am

See you in Columbus Nov 11, Fowler.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:47 pm

Ticket acquired and hotel room booked for USA-Mexico in Columbus, OH.

Hope to see you there, Fowler.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Shea Field