Stockyard Restaurant

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Stockyard Restaurant

Postby SeaCaptim on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 am

What happened to the Stockyard Restaurant? The inside story?
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Re: Stockyard Restaurant

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:56 pm

The Manning boys were absentee owners who ran the place into the ground. They eventually sold for $4 million to the partnership that owns 21st Amendment, among others, and they are giving the place a face lift before reopening under the same name.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:46 pm

What did the Manning Lads pay for the Stockyard? I enjoyed going in there for a beer and some good food. The bar was fabulous. The renovation seems to be taking a long time.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:28 am

The timing of this post is pretty funny because it came up as a place to go on Saturday. Then I remembered why I hadn't been there in so long and saw that the streak would continue. At the end the food was Cheese Whiz and Stove Top. Wish someone had called Gordon Ramsey to curse and throw paprika everywhere until the Mannings got the picture.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:12 pm

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:What did the Manning Lads pay for the Stockyard? I enjoyed going in there for a beer and some good food. The bar was fabulous. The renovation seems to be taking a long time.

They didn't pay for it, they inherited it from their pops.

Pedro's right about the Cheez-wiz and Stovetop, but back in the day their lobster pie was a damn good dish. I never hung out at the bar. It wasn't the kind of place I wanted to hang out and drink in.

I have no idea why the renovation is taking so long. It's an old building, maybe the code updates were worse than they estimated?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:25 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I have no idea why the renovation is taking so long. It's an old building, maybe the code updates were worse than they estimated?

A vocal group of well-meaning residents is insisting they haven't done enough to prevent run-off from poisoning the beautiful turnpike view.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:24 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I have no idea why the renovation is taking so long. It's an old building, maybe the code updates were worse than they estimated?

A vocal group of well-meaning residents is insisting they haven't done enough to prevent run-off from poisoning the beautiful turnpike view.

Of course. Grease taints the run-off and makes the ground water taste like bacon. Well-meaning residents are usually vegetarians.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:53 pm

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:21 am

It's been cheese whiz and stove top for close to two decades.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Was not that impressed with just about every aspect.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Not surprised. The website sets off a lot of red flags. Artsy, lots of closeups of food on plates, no photos of the exterior, dining area or bar... and I see they're charging the same prices for steak and seafood that they charge downtown. Attempting to make that place a fine dining establishment will be their undoing. If anything, they should have gone in the opposite direction. That is one of the less... desirable neighborhoods in A-B.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Return to Shea Field