Cardinals weirdos

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Cardinals weirdos

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:I am trying to think of who you are referring to with "steroid stars". No idea.

I'm assuming he means Beltran and Holliday.

Boom.

don't worry though, hansen's a real fan

by the way, i look forward to a tigers/dodgers series is what i would say if i liked sports
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:I am trying to think of who you are referring to with "steroid stars". No idea.

Boom.

by the way, i look forward to a tigers/dodgers series is what i would say if i liked sports

holliday and beltran were my guesses too at first until I realized holliday player 0 years in the 90s and beltran had only a full season there.
that said, neither player has deviated much from their career OPS either before/after drug testing which leads me to believe they are clean.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:22 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Boom.

holliday and beltran were my guesses too at first until I realized holliday player 0 years in the 90s and beltran had only a full season there.
that said, neither player has deviated much from their career OPS either before/after drug testing which leads me to believe they are clean.

If you think Beltran was clean, I have a bridge to sell you. Holliday, who knows, but his head is shaped like Youkilis'.

And the reference to the 90s was to the era of steroids, not the particular players. It flowed over to some players that started in the aughts, but the key players first started appearing the 90s. Plus Holliday is 33, but he looks like he is Jimmy Key's age. What is he, 45?

Oh, and I'm mostly just trying to piss you off, so :hansen.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:45 pm

so steroids are to baseball like nerds are to bc (a late 90s and beyond phenomenon). i'd say that's supportable

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:47 pm

This is a frustrating Cardinals team. Lots of talent but poor defense and inconsistent hitting are killing them. Injuries have been brutal too.
Oh well, I guess it’s an improvement over the 2016 and 2017 teams which were just plain awful.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:33 pm

This cardinals team is total trash. Holy fuck, they are tough to watch. Amazing that they managed to get this far despite their inability to consistently hit.

P.s.16.5 million for Dexter Fowler should be a criminal offense. And he’s Still signed for 2 more years FML.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:17 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:This cardinals team is total trash. Holy fuck, they are tough to watch. Amazing that they managed to get this far despite their inability to consistently hit.

P.s.16.5 million for Dexter Fowler should be a criminal offense. And he’s Still signed for 2 more years FML.

They almost got no hit like 3 times in the NLCS already.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:22 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:This cardinals team is total trash. Holy fuck, they are tough to watch. Amazing that they managed to get this far despite their inability to consistently hit.

They almost got no hit like 3 times in the NLCS already.

But they set a record for most runs ever scored in one inning during the playoffs!

I think it's time they fire President of Baseball Operations Mozeliak and the GM... then poach the Houston GM (and former Cardinal assistant GM) Luhnow.
It's clear he was the brains behind the success of Mozeliak.
Of course, it's like a Daz firing, necessary but iwnh.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:29 pm

This so fucking embarrassing
1 out in the bottom of the first... it’s already Washington 5-0 with 2 errors on the Cardinals
Stan the Man is probably rolling over in his grave watching this garbage

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 am

Was at the game last night sitting a row behind the Nats dugout. Watched Scherzer standing on the steps calling out the pitches in the first inning while the pitcher was coming out of the wind up or stretch. Think he must have been tipping his pitches, although the two Little League errors the Cards committed was what doomed them.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Shea Field