Euro Cup

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Euro Cup

Postby BCdee on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Has anyone been watching the Euro Cup??

Portugal has totally dominated the Czech's today...although, the Czech goalie has had an incredible game.

I am looking forward to the Olympics next month. :elephant
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Re: Euro Cup

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:31 pm

I thought the Czech's looked decent in the first half, and they actually had a few chances to score. The second half has been, obviously, utter domination. The Portuguese are playing really well, as are the Germans and the Spanish.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCdee on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:37 pm

I was really hoping that last corner kick would have given the Czech goalie a chance to score on a header off his padded helmet. 8-)
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:52 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:I was really hoping that last corner kick would have given the Czech goalie a chance to score on a header off his padded helmet. 8-)

Cech the Czech
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:02 am

Today's game between the Germans and Greeks certainly has some economic undertones. "Wir besitzen dich!"
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am

Petr Cech is a phenomenal goalie.

I fully expect Germany to win Euro 2012. They are stacked!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:58 am

hansen {l Wrote}:I fully expect Germany to win Euro 2012. They are stacked!

This inspires me to create Euro Cup 2012's Best Fans thread in the boathouse. Stay tuned.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Watched the Italy-England game yesterday. I think it's so disappointing when they have to resort to penalty kicks.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:45 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Watched the Italy-England game yesterday. I think it's so disappointing when they have to resort to penalty kicks.

i expected as much. this is what you get when two proud teams are on a downward spiral and struggling to stay relevant. this game reminds me a lot of a ND/BC game these days... :(

p and s. thanks Spaz for fxcking up BC football...

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:52 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Watched the Italy-England game yesterday. I think it's so disappointing when they have to resort to penalty kicks.

i expected as much. this is what you get when two proud teams are on a downward spiral and struggling to stay relevant. this game reminds me a lot of a ND/BC game these days... :(

It's funny that you make this comparison. Yesterday, I had a conversation with someone about how England soccer = ND football. Both are wildly overhyped by the media of their respective sports. I'm not sure I agree with the Italy comparison, as they won the World Cup as recently as 2006. England, on the other hand, hasn't even made the Final of an international tournament since they won the World Cup at on home turf in the 1966.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:42 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

It's funny that you make this comparison. Yesterday, I had a conversation with someone about how England soccer = ND football. Both are wildly overhyped by the media of their respective sports. I'm not sure I agree with the Italy comparison, as they won the World Cup as recently as 2006. England, on the other hand, hasn't even made the Final of an international tournament since they won the World Cup at on home turf in the 1966.

I can see the comparison between England and Notre Dame, but the way they played on Sunday, the more apt comparison is England and BC. England played Spazball all game, sitting back and hoping Italy would make a mistake, or they would get a lucky bounce. They almost did luck out and win in penalties.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Downward spiral? Italy did win the last World Cup correct? They are in the semis and looked great Sunday? I forgot who they lost to yet this tournament, do you remember? Didnt they play the best team in the world to a draw?

I never trust rankings in soccer, but I also only think it counts only once every 4 years. (about as often as a care about curling, swimming and gymnastics)
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:00 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Downward spiral? Italy did win the last World Cup correct? They are in the semis and looked great Sunday? I forgot who they lost to yet this tournament, do you remember? Didnt they play the best team in the world to a draw?

I never trust rankings in soccer, but I also only think it counts only once every 4 years. (about as often as a care about curling, swimming and gymnastics)

Spain won in 2010. Italy won in 2006.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:08 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

How they perform against Germany will be the true test. The germans are either the best team in europe (or second to the Spanish) depending on who you ask. I personally believe right now the Germans are playing better than the spanish and will win euro 2012. They have so many weapons, so many great players. I don't expect the game with Italy to be close. Maybe 3-1, 4-1.

* i respeck you and your eye-tal heritage

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:52 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

How they perform against Germany will be the true test. The germans are either the best team in europe (or second to the Spanish) depending on who you ask. I personally believe right now the Germans are playing better than the spanish and will win euro 2012. They have so many weapons, so many great players. I don't expect the game with Italy to be close. Maybe 3-1, 4-1.

* i respeck you and your eye-tal heritage

I respeck you also. Sunday was the 1st soccer game I watched since the World Cup and it was only because my guests were watching.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:37 pm

TIES!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCdee on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Italy up 1 to 0. I want Germany to win...I like the way they play! :elephant
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Guess I was wrong about Italy. They look great so far.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Germany is playing awful. They need to make changes at halftime.

Italy up 2-0, ugh

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:59 pm

:D

hansen {l Wrote}:Germany is playing awful. They need to make changes at halftime.

Italy up 2-0, ugh

:D
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Holy crap, it's the soccer equivalent of the NBA in the 80s!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:30 am

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Return to Shea Field