Mets Weirdos

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Mets for sale

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:34 am

For all involved, it's probably best that we've seen the last of Bay in a Mets uniform
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:For all involved, it's probably best that we've seen the last of Bay in a Mets uniform

Agree. I'm also very disappointed to hear he was booed off the field.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:55 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:For all involved, it's probably best that we've seen the last of Bay in a Mets uniform

Was listening on the train back to CT, I'd say it was a smattering of boos. Being NY, it obviously got a ton of play.

Call me a dick (you wouldn't be the first), but I get the boo'ing of Bay. It was the thinking of enough is enough with this guy, he's robbing the franchise like Madoff and is providing about as much on the field.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Was listening on the train back to CT, I'd say it was a smattering of boos. Being NY, it obviously got a ton of play.

Call me a dick (you wouldn't be the first), but I get the boo'ing of Bay. It was the thinking of enough is enough with this guy, he's robbing the franchise like Madoff and is providing about as much on the field.

I was at the game Friday night but was not there in time for the Bay incident. I doubt I would have booo'd him. Getting hurt slamming into the wall seems like not worthy of boos. He also lives in Larchmont during the season so I respect that. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I was at the game Friday night but was not there in time for the Bay incident. I doubt I would have booo'd him. Getting hurt slamming into the wall seems like not worthy of boos. He also lives in Larchmont during the season so I respect that. :ace

Wait...Mets fans booed a guy for getting hurt while literally trying to run through a wall for them?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:06 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Wait...Mets fans booed a guy for getting hurt while literally trying to run through a wall for them?

I doubt that is exactly why he got booed. Unfortunately I just missed it but there were some people doing that, not the majority. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:14 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Obviously that isn't why he got booed

As I said, I wouldn't have booed. Don't really boo my own team.

By all accounts, Bay is a good guy that cares but good lord has he been brutal

In his 3 years (I assume he's not coming back this season) he's averaged:
80 games, .246 7 HR, 37 RBI .715 OPS

And gotten paid over $40 M, over $2 MM per HR
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 am

Dickey only has to keep this streak going another 16.1 innings to catch Hersheiser.

:shock:

I never paid attention to this record before, but that is damn impressive work by Hersheiser. And he did it September. Talk about clutch.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Dickey only has to keep this streak going another 16.1 innings to catch Hersheiser.

I never paid attention to this record before, but that is damn impressive work by Hersheiser. And he did it September. Talk about clutch.

It was good to see No-Han pitch well again last night. Not a fan of this zero sum gain thing of getting swept and then sweeping teams. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Dickey only has to keep this streak going another 16.1 innings to catch Hersheiser.

It was good to see No-Han pitch well again last night. Not a fan of this zero sum gain thing of getting swept and then sweeping teams. :ace

While not ideal, I would've signed up for this team treading water through June where every team (I believe sans Chicago) has a winning record. Right now they're 9-9 and thanks to the Yanks very much within shouting distance in division.

They need to grab some Ws when the bottom 3 in the rotation are going to take some pressure of the top 2.

BTW who would've thunk they're 3rd in the NL in runs :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BTW who would've thunk they're 3rd in the NL in runs :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is what I say (to myself) when the talking heads suggest the Mets are smoke and mirrors, getting by on Dickey and Santana's dominance.

Even Davis is improving. He had 12 walks in the first two months of the season. He's doubled that 3 weeks into June. OPS is .852 this month.

Ruben Tejada may be back for the Yankees series.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:14 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

This is what I say (to myself) when the talking heads suggest the Mets are smoke and mirrors, getting by on Dickey and Santana's dominance.

Even Davis is improving. He had 12 walks in the first two months of the season. He's doubled that 3 weeks into June. OPS is .852 this month.

Ruben Tejada may be back for the Yankees series.

Agreed, if Ike and Duda can be what the optimistic expectations were beginning of the year (25-90, .275) there's some more punch in the lineup. Granted, it'll take a lot for Ike to get back to .250 but he's coming out of it. Duda is on pace for 25-97

They miss Ruben Tejada, they've given too many games away due to shoddy D (but Quintinilla has been pretty good). Valdespin has some 2006 Mets swagger in him which is nice to see.

BTW Frank Frank had it in the bag the whole time last night, just wanted us to sweat
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Mets Weirdos

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 am

Nice to see the post go all ny post this morning btw
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Nice to see the post go all ny post this morning btw

I assume you're talking about the front cover. That was misleading even for the post.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:13 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Nice to see the post go all ny post this morning btw

I assume you're talking about the front cover. That was misleading even for the post.

never has stopped them before, gotta love it
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:02 pm

The Mets should bring in Parnell towards the end of the game just to buzz Swisher between the ears
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 am

Do you think it means anything that this team saved it's shittiest performances for the Yankees?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Meh not really, it would've been nice to have some bragging rights

I think TC is going to ride them to make sure they aren't looking towards the AS break with the schedule getting a little lighter.

This bullpen sucks. As much shit as Frank Frank gets, he has been very good the past 6 weeks:
9 for 10 in saves, 14.1 Inn, 10 H, 2 R, 15/6 K/BB

For a bullpen filled with questions, he's been settling in very well.

The sad thing is, what this team needs outside of bullpen help, is exactly what Minaya thought he was getting with Bay -a LF, right handed, power hitter. Would balance the lineup and move Hairston back to his more valuable role, a power hitter off the bench.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:The sad thing is, what this team needs outside of bullpen help, is exactly what Minaya thought he was getting with Bay -a LF, right handed, power hitter. Would balance the lineup and move Hairston back to his more valuable role, a power hitter off the bench.

One more year. It doesn't look like his vesting option for 2014 will kick in. He won't hit 500 PAs this year, so he needs 600 next year to trigger it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:The sad thing is, what this team needs outside of bullpen help, is exactly what Minaya thought he was getting with Bay -a LF, right handed, power hitter. Would balance the lineup and move Hairston back to his more valuable role, a power hitter off the bench.

One more year. It doesn't look like his vesting option for 2014 will kick in. He won't hit 500 PAs this year, so he needs 600 next year to trigger it.

It is a huge point as it frees up what would've been $16 MM for 2014. After next season will really be when we can see some $$ being spent as Santana comes off the books as well (I believe he's owed roughly $30 MM next year).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Don't look now but Ike has just 1 HR and 1 RBI less than Duda.

5 HR and 20 RBI for Ike this month and there's still three more games to be played.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Don't look now but Ike has just 1 HR and 1 RBI less than Duda.

5 HR and 20 RBI for Ike this month and there's still three more games to be played.

Ike's been great this month and if he can get close to the preseason expectation's he'll have a very good 2nd half. I believe you hit on an important point earlier, he's taking walks which is nice he's had more in June than April & May combined which has helped his .929 OPS this month.

The bullpen still scares the shit out of me
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:56 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Don't look now but Ike has just 1 HR and 1 RBI less than Duda.

Ike's been great this month and if he can get close to the preseason expectation's he'll have a very good 2nd half. I believe you hit on an important point earlier, he's taking walks which is nice he's had more in June than April & May combined which has helped his .929 OPS this month.

The bullpen still scares the shit out of me

Yup. Ramon Ramirez has been a major disappointment.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:55 am

Couple of thoughts from last night/the past couple of days:

1) Every time you think uh oh here it comes, well it was nice while it lasted -they bounce back. With Dickey and then Santana hopefully they can finish strong in LA before coming home.
2) Having Tejadas D at SS has been so refreshing and he's only 22 and hitting .300, the hope is he'll get a little more pop
3) Parnell was jacked up last night, hitting 100 pretty consistently and 101 several times.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Just to point something out that is a narrative on talk shows, the point that Wright isn't clutch.

He has a .500 OBP in the 7th and later.

Fucking idiots

I hate stupid people.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Just to point something out that is a narrative on talk shows, the point that Wright isn't clutch.

He has a .500 OBP in the 7th and later.

Fucking idiots

I hate stupid people.

Is that what fatso chose to run with this afternoon? This is assuming he's in today.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:44 pm

No we all know the pope doesn't work summers

It's just something that has been bandied about on the airwaves
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:27 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:No we all know the pope doesn't work summers

I got a good tee time at Plandome Country Club OK.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:33 am

Would love for the mets to put the phils out of their misery.

Last night Citi was awesome.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:35 am

BTW:
Ruben Tejada:
36 games, BA .326, 0 HR 12 RBI OPS: .787 much better D according to the stat :ugeek:
Jose Reyes:
79 games, BA. 279, 3 HR 21 RBI OPS: .739, sub par D
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010