Mets Weirdos

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Mets Weirdos

Postby EagleNYC on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:23 pm

I have been told that there is a lot more to this than the alleged $48 million cited in the article; perhaps as much as a third of the shares could be sold. And all signs point towards the interest of the worst scourge upon New York sports of the past 30 years: James Dolan. Not a good day to be a Mets fan if that comes to pass.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6068507
EagleNYC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 153

Re: Mets for sale

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:46 pm

EagleNYC wrote:I have been told that there is a lot more to this than the alleged $48 million cited in the article; perhaps as much as a third of the shares could be sold. And all signs point towards the interest of the worst scourge upon New York sports of the past 30 years: James Dolan. Not a good day to be a Mets fan if that comes to pass.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6068507



Maybe we can all chip in and outbid him.
Image
User avatar
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:14 pm
Karma: 1165

Re: Mets for sale

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Like the Florida Pritzer or whatever piasano, didn't Wilpon make money --the $48M??-- with Madoff and only has to return the ill-gotten gains like the Florida guy who made $7.2B?

Imagine writing a check for $7.2B and not blinking an eye...

Dolan would be perfect.......Isiah Thomas as GM of the Mets after...... my fatwaboy on Omar Miyaddayadda for screwing Willie Randolph.

Knicks, Rangers, Mets.....No Willis Reed..no Mark Messier.....No Red Sox...
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Mets for sale

Postby EagleNYC on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:12 pm

BCEagle74 wrote:Like the Florida Pritzer or whatever piasano, didn't Wilpon make money --the $48M??-- with Madoff and only has to return the ill-gotten gains like the Florida guy who made $7.2B?

Imagine writing a check for $7.2B and not blinking an eye...

Dolan would be perfect.......Isiah Thomas as GM of the Mets after...... my fatwaboy on Omar Miyaddayadda for screwing Willie Randolph.

Knicks, Rangers, Mets.....No Willis Reed..no Mark Messier.....No Red Sox...


What I hear is that Wilpon et al had pocketed plenty in the 25 years that they dealt with Bernie, so the true damage is far, far greater. Thing about it: what's the big deal about $48 million for these guys. They could just sell a few buildings, given their real estate holdings.
EagleNYC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 153

Re: Mets for sale

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:37 pm

EagleNYC wrote:What I hear is that Wilpon et al had pocketed plenty in the 25 years that they dealt with Bernie, so the true damage is far, far greater. Thing about it: what's the big deal about $48 million for these guys. They could just sell a few buildings, given their real estate holdings.


Think about who they were in life and knowing something was amiss for years and years???

That BC guy on 60 minutes nailed it when he said he told the SEC 8 years ago and knew in 10 minutes it was a scam and took him 4 hours to prove it.

Fulton Hall..Carroll School of Management....NO MBA...

No Ivy League twats.

Wilpon is a punk. The other guy was a stealth billionaire probably worth $25B-30B --and probably made more than what he returned.--same as Wilpon will.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Mets for sale

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:52 pm

EagleNYC wrote:
BCEagle74 wrote:Like the Florida Pritzer or whatever piasano, didn't Wilpon make money --the $48M??-- with Madoff and only has to return the ill-gotten gains like the Florida guy who made $7.2B?

Imagine writing a check for $7.2B and not blinking an eye...

Dolan would be perfect.......Isiah Thomas as GM of the Mets after...... my fatwaboy on Omar Miyaddayadda for screwing Willie Randolph.

Knicks, Rangers, Mets.....No Willis Reed..no Mark Messier.....No Red Sox...


What I hear is that Wilpon et al had pocketed plenty in the 25 years that they dealt with Bernie, so the true damage is far, far greater. $300 MILLION ++ Thing about it: what's the big deal about $48 million for these guys. They could just sell a few buildings, given their real estate holdings.


NYC EAGLE hit it on the head---- Far greater...

Report: Martin Luther King III seeks Mets

The son of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. is interested in buying the New York Mets.

Martin Luther King III, who runs the Atlanta-based King Center for Nonviolent Social Change, is part of a group wishing to purchase a share of the club from principal owner Fred Wilpon. The group also includes television executive Larry Meli, ex-Met Ed Kranepool and Donn Clendenon Jr., the son of another ex-Met, the New York Post reported on Sunday.

Others who have expressed interest in purchasing a share of the team reportedly include Mike Repole, owner of Kentucky Derby favorite Uncle Mo, who made a fortune selling Vitaminwater to Coca-Cola. Multiple reports also name Martin Silver, owner of Georgi Vodka, who has been oustspoken about his desire to purchase the club.

Fred Wilpon and son Jeff Wilpon, the Mets chief operating officer, announced Friday their intention to potentially sell 20-25 percent of the team to satisfy any judgment or settlement in a lawsuit brought by the trustee looking to recover money for victims of convicted swindler Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme.

The Wilpons are viewed as net gainers in the Madoff scheme by the trustee. The New York Times reported the sealed lawsuit against the Wilpons may seek to recover $300 million in actual gains and up to $1 billion total because of alleged neglect in not recognizing the profit was ill-gotten.

As for the King group, Meli told the Post: "It's fitting with the legacy of Jackie Robinson essentially transferring to the Mets, what better place to have African-American ownership than with the Mets?"

The group reportedly wants to have at least a 50 percent share of the team, which is a complication, since the Wilpons have stated they only intend to sell a minority share.

"I think in order for it to make sense it would have to be at least a 50-50 arrangement," Meli said.


Adam Rubin covers the Mets for ESPNNewYork
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Mets for sale

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:44 pm

BCEagle74 wrote:Report: Martin Luther King III seeks Mets

The son of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. is interested in buying the New York Mets.


MORE DREADLOCKS AND LESS GOLDILOCKS!
Image
User avatar
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:14 pm
Karma: 1165

Re: Mets for sale

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm

It's ibsolutely comical that ever since Madoff went down Mets fans have been saying the Wilpons have had $ issues, yet the Wilpons pull the merryman "Relax, all is well!" line. How can you lose $x00 MM of relatively liquid assets and have it not relate to the baseball team? I hate my team's ownership, fucking Freddie Coupon.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Mets for sale

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:16 am

Now they are saying up to 25% will be sold, and they met with Bud yesterday to discuss exactly how screwed they are at this point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6080769

It's going to take a pretty large nut to be a minority shareholder. Wilpon, Katz, et al want the dough and want to keep control, which makes this less attractive. Then again, maybe this will lead to my dream of the Mets being owned by some Greek guy from Astoria who has a CABAL of diners. It would be great for the city if the Mets weren't a fucking joke, and I write that as a life-long Yankees fan who grew up under the yoke of Mets front runners in the 80's.
EagleNYC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 153

Re: Mets for sale

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 am

EagleNYC wrote:Now they are saying up to 25% will be sold, and they met with Bud yesterday to discuss exactly how screwed they are at this point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6080769

It's going to take a pretty large nut to be a minority shareholder. Wilpon, Katz, et al want the dough and want to keep control, which makes this less attractive. Then again, maybe this will lead to my dream of the Mets being owned by some Greek guy from Astoria who has a CABAL of diners. It would be great for the city if the Mets weren't a fucking joke, and I write that as a life-long Yankees fan who grew up under the yoke of Mets front runners in the 80's.


:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Only people from Fairfield County and Westchester and NY area are rolling on the floor. I once met a Greek princess whose father owned the one in Norwalk, Wesport and two small dives and his daughter spent nothing but cash. No credit cards...cash.

Like the Lebanese Jewish Cabal that owns all the washer machines and dryers all over the tristate 50 million pop. area. They move tons and tons quarters in trucks and cash them in somehow and avoid the IRS like the Diamond dealers on 47th.

I wouldn't buy from those 2 bastards since you will never see a dime. Wilpon pays himself $20M a year and the profits get lost.

You get 51% or you get bufu'ed by these Madoff criminals.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Mets for sale

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 am

BCEagle74 wrote:
EagleNYC wrote:Now they are saying up to 25% will be sold, and they met with Bud yesterday to discuss exactly how screwed they are at this point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6080769

It's going to take a pretty large nut to be a minority shareholder. Wilpon, Katz, et al want the dough and want to keep control, which makes this less attractive. Then again, maybe this will lead to my dream of the Mets being owned by some Greek guy from Astoria who has a CABAL of diners. It would be great for the city if the Mets weren't a fucking joke, and I write that as a life-long Yankees fan who grew up under the yoke of Mets front runners in the 80's.


:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Only people from Fairfield County and Westchester and NY area are rolling on the floor. I once met a Greek princess whose father owned the one in Norwalk, Wesport and two small dives and his daughter spent nothing but cash. No credit cards...cash.

Like the Lebanese Jewish Cabal that owns all the washer machines and dryers all over the tristate 50 million pop. area. They move tons and tons quarters in trucks and cash them in somehow and avoid the IRS like the Diamond dealers on 47th.

I wouldn't buy from those 2 bastards since you will never see a dime. Wilpon pays himself $20M a year and the profits get lost.

You get 51% or you get bufu'ed by these Madoff criminals.


I knew you'd like that. I have a buddy who owns a diner in the town where I grew upon on LI. He took over from his pops 2 years after graduating college and is doing really well.
EagleNYC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 153

Re: Mets for sale

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:28 am

EagleNYC wrote:Now they are saying up to 25% will be sold, and they met with Bud yesterday to discuss exactly how screwed they are at this point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6080769

It's going to take a pretty large nut to be a minority shareholder. Wilpon, Katz, et al want the dough and want to keep control, which makes this less attractive. Then again, maybe this will lead to my dream of the Mets being owned by some Greek guy from Astoria who has a CABAL of diners. It would be great for the city if the Mets weren't a fucking joke, and I write that as a life-long Yankees fan who grew up under the yoke of Mets front runners in the 80's.


Exactly, Wilpon & Katz aren't exactly easy to work with. The only semblance of success in the past 2 decades, they've had was with Piazza and Doubleday had to absolutely twist Wilpon's arm to do that deal.

They already stated their goal is to play meaningful September baseball, what a joke. My only hope is Bud essentially forcing them to sell the team which won't happen.

The head of the org (esp. with Minaya) was such :clownshoes it was comical.
A 3 year 36 mill for a fucking Mexican headcase who had a career record of 41-48 and a mid 4 ERA?
4 year 25 mill for a "32" year old sub par defensive 2B who would have a problem hitting a homerun on a softball field.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Mets for sale

Postby EagleNYC on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Ouch. Looks like it was a bad as I heard it would be.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6090077
EagleNYC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 153

Re: Mets for sale

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:27 am

B1.....B1.....

I can hear the Brighton Beach Bingo Parlor calling that number now....

Wilpons are done.

Stick a fork in these boys..

We need a fork icon --- - for stick a fork in these turkey's axiom.

I bet Cuban gets involved since the Met Owner want way more. The problem is the cable connection is worth more and that is a tie in to Cuban's HDTV...

$1BILLION as in B as in Bagel Boy Bingo!!!

GREED... How much do you need? How much can I steal? When do you steal enough to walk away knowing it was a Ponzi scheme?

Obiviously these 3 ratfucks ate too much cheese...
******************************
The trustee seeking to recover funds for victims of convicted swindler Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme wants $1 billion from the owners of the New York Mets, according to The New York Times.

On Friday, U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge Burton R. Lifland unsealed a lawsuit originally filed in December naming Mets owners Fred Wilpon, Jeff Wilpon and Saul Katz as defendants.

"What the trustee is looking for here is a payment in cash," attorney David Sheehan, who leads Irving Picard's legal team, told the Times. "So whether they utilize the Mets, [Wilpon-owned television network] SNY, [Wilpon-owned] Sterling properties or any other resource is of no moment to us.


"What we're looking for is a billion dollars, and unless we settle for less than that, which we're not inclined to do, where they get the money is of no moment to us."

The suit seeks to recover roughly $300 million in alleged profits by the Wilpon and Katz families and businesses as the result of the Ponzi scheme -- money the Mets' ownership family removed from certain funds over the amount invested.

The lawsuit also seeks an unnamed additional amount of the principal invested by the Wilpons and Katz because, Picard alleges, the family knew, or should have known because of ample warnings, that Madoff was performing illegal activities to reach 18 percent average annual returns.

That extra amount, it turns out, is roughly $700 million -- bringing the amount sought in the lawsuit to $1 billion, according to Times.

Throwing out the astronomical sum likely in large part is designed to compel the Wilpons to settle for a lesser figure -- still in the hundreds of millions of dollars -- although the sides indicated settlement talks broke down Thursday.

The potential staggering liability if the case ends up at trial demonstrates just how dire things might become for the Wilpon family in terms of retaining ownership of the Mets. The team reportedly already has $430 million in loans or other debt.

Lawyers for the Wilpons and Katz portray the family as victims who had no idea of the fraud, and who entrusted Madoff, a family friend, with most of their business and personal investments.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Mets for sale

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:30 am

My Fatwaboys have now gone nuclear...

Cowboys, Mets,

I may start selling them.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Mets for sale

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:58 am

BCEagle74 wrote:My Fatwaboys have now gone nuclear...

Cowboys, Mets,

I may start selling them.


Wait are we still suffering from Minaya Fatwa? :gun

As I said, best case is Selig forces the Coupons to sell the team.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Mets for sale

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:28 pm

I presume the Trustee is throwing out ridiculous numbers to try to make settlement seem palatable to the Mets, because that is not going to be an easy adversary proceeding to win, unless they have really strong evidence.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29156
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2321

Re: Mets for sale

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:28 pm

EagleNYC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 153

Re: Mets for sale

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:45 am

Bagel Boy Bingo Has Started With Big Daddy Mario!!

...Guinea Wop Donations Style.

Mario Cuomo is now the "mediator" between a bullshit lawsuit which can't be proven even if true-- (and in NYC, please!!)--and Freddie and Saulie and the huge nut they have to payback for the Madoff "eye closing" scheme..

yeah best buddies with the Wilpons and Pritzers and these are the only two who profited the most????

Yup... Bagel Boy Bingo!

Andrew only wants the huge 10021 and campaign funds from the left wing NYC crew ---so he sends in Daddy to lessen the blow and mediate and get a chump change settlement for all the Madoff vic's and ensure Andrew comes out smelling like a rose and that donation gravy train keeps on rollin' in.

Mind you this fucking twat Andrew who best friend was banging the shit out of his Kennedy brat whore wife, did nothing as AG along with Spitzer --(who knew how to bang Jersey Shore $10.00 whores for $5,000 a hour)-- when their were more than the BC guy on 60 minutes leaking that the Bernie's Bullshit was a Ponzi scheme.

NYC politics... nothing but pure entertainment.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Mets for sale

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm

twballgame9 wrote:I presume the Trustee is throwing out ridiculous numbers to try to make settlement seem palatable to the Mets, because that is not going to be an easy adversary proceeding to win, unless they have really strong evidence.


Didn't notice it when it was first posted, but this is absolutely true. This seems like 100% posturing for settlement purposes (well, like most media statements). I can't imagine they have the kind of smoking gun they'd need to win this case.
Image
User avatar
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:14 pm
Karma: 1165

Re: Mets for sale

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6127931

Owner Fred Wilpon and his son said Jan. 28 they were exploring selling up to 25 percent of the franchise because of "uncertainty" caused by the lawsuit filed by Irving H. Picard, the trustee trying to recover money for victims of the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme.

"We're not selling controlling interest in the team," Jeff Wilpon said Wednesday at the Mets spring training complex. "It's not on the table."

Here, buy a decent fraction of the team and have absolutely zero say in matters! I'm sure the line is around your office Jeff! :gun
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Mets for sale

Postby shockdoct on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Lots of discussion that points to the Mets likely being sold in their entirety within the next year.
User avatar
shockdoct
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Karma: 313

Re: Mets for sale

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Send me the money. I am $880M short.

Mets must owe Selig amd MLB $100M by now?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Mets for sale

Postby bignick33 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 pm

I drink whiskey instead of water.
User avatar
bignick33
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Karma: 909

Re: Mets for sale

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:01 pm

This will be the mets weird0s thread this year
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Mets for sale

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:08 pm

I, for one, welcome the Mets getting the New Orleans Hornets treatment from MLB.
#FireJimChristian
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14404
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2854

Re: Mets for sale

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

So their trade of David Wright will get vetoed by the league after, oh, Peter Angelos, for shits and giggles, writes a strongly worded letter in weird font to the rest of the owners?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 590

Re: Mets for sale

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Mets on MLB Network!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Mets for sale

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:13 am

So our closer can't throw to first base, maybe if it was a chair he'd be more accurate?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-mets-address-frank-francisco-problems-throwing-bases-article-1.1035920

In Frank Francisco’s first spring training appearance for the Mets on Monday, he gave up a single and, on the next pitch, pinch-runner Eury Perez took off for second. In a conversation about his new closer a few days later, Terry Collins said he knew the runner would go on the first pitch.

Why?

“Because they know Frankie doesn't throw over,” Collins said.

Huh?

“It’s something we’re working on,” said the manager.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Mets for sale

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:34 am

FWIW, our converted first-baseman catcher only throws out 20% of base stealers, so it's not like they weren't going to run on FF anyway...
#FireJimChristian
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14404
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2854

Next

Return to Shea Field

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Untitled document