Ozzie

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ozzie

Postby bignick33 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 am

In light of the his five game suspension, I'm curious to hear opinions on Ozzie and the controversy regarding his recent comments (besides the obvious fact that he has a big mouth).
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Re: Ozzie

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 am

He's honest to a fault and he's nuts. And the craziness mixed with the language barrier thing (which I don't get, he's lived in the states for 25 years, but whatever) makes it impossible to understand what he means the majority of the time.

Most of the time, I think it's stupid when someone gets suspended or fired for stating an opinion, but I understand the Marlins have to pander to their customer base. But they can't claim ignorance, they knew what they were signing up for. If the Cuban-American population in Miami boycotts the team, and the Marlins lose money or have to find a new manager while still honoring Ozzie's contract, they have only themselves to blame.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:02 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:He's honest to a fault and he's nuts. And the craziness mixed with the language barrier thing (which I don't get, he's lived in the states for 25 years, but whatever) makes it impossible to understand what he means the majority of the time.

Most of the time, I think it's stupid when someone gets suspended or fired for stating an opinion, but I understand the Marlins have to pander to their customer base. But they can't claim ignorance, they knew what they were signing up for. If the Cuban-American population in Miami boycotts the team, and the Marlins lose money or have to find a new manager while still honoring Ozzie's contract, they have only themselves to blame.

The ironing is that his Latin-American background very likely was a significant qualification when he was hired during the offseason.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:22 pm

To start, he's legitimately crazy.

I find him entertaining, incredibly stupid at times but entertaining. I do understand why they suspended him.

As for BigNick's last point, he was obviously hired for ticket sales, he's a good manager but there were other motives. Apparently ticket sales aren't going that well down there (shocking I know).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Return to Shea Field