BC Soccer in the postseason

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC Soccer in the postseason

Postby weinerdog on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:35 pm

I know that few in here care, but for those that do I thought I'd mention that the guys beat Duke tonight to advance to the ACC Championship against #3 UNC on Sunday. BC beat #4 Maryland in the tournament already, and I've heard is currently #7 in RPI, so they should be one of the host teams for the NCAA tournament. The ladies are a #4 seed in their tournament and play Marist first.
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Re: BC Soccer in the postseason

Postby AdamBC on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Would love for BC to win another ACC title. We are lacking in that category and soccer seems to have a good foundation for success.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby weinerdog on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:04 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Would love for BC to win another ACC title. We are lacking in that category and soccer seems to have a good foundation for success.

We didn't. But we did do enough in the ACC tourney to get a 1-seed. 4th overall seed. We host the winner of Rutgers-Colgate next weekend.

The women killed Marist and are headed to the SF area to play Cal on Friday and, if they win, probably Stanford on Sunday.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:18 pm

weinerdog {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:Would love for BC to win another ACC title. We are lacking in that category and soccer seems to have a good foundation for success.

We didn't. But we did do enough in the ACC tourney to get a 1-seed. 4th overall seed. We host the winner of Rutgers-Colgate next weekend.

The women killed Marist and are headed to the SF area to play Cal on Friday and, if they win, probably Stanford on Sunday.

oh wow. that's awesome. i didnt think the men had a chance at a #1 seed. the first round bye will def help later in the tournament...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby weinerdog on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:37 pm

The Lady Eagles advanced to the Sweet 16 tonight, with a shootout victory over Cal. Likely Stanford next, but that game's still going on. It's 1-0 Stanford over South Carolina at the half.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Stanford beats USCe. Over the past 4 seasons Stanford has lost exactly 4 games:

The last 2 NCAA Finals, an NCAA Semifinal, and a regular season game to UCLA. They have a home win streak of 48 games.

Good luck ladies!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:15 pm

That was brutal. Both teams out on the same day.

Saw Gene at the men's game. Almost made a scene, but he speed walked past me before I could formulate something to say.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Return to Shea Field