You may not be happy with America......

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

You may not be happy with America......

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:37 pm

but it's still the best place in the world.

Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos kidnapped

Baseball needs to step up and catch these guys.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Re: You may not be happy with America......

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:42 pm

I guess it makes me complaining about this seem kind of silly::

The White House has decided to sideline a proposed fee on Christmas trees, after the fee was ridiculed by critics as a tax on Christmas.

The 15-cent tax on Christmas trees was announced Tuesday in the Federal Register and was meant to pay for a new board tasked with promoting the Christmas tree industry. It was supported by Christmas tree growers, who wanted a stable source of revenue to fund a new marketing campaign.

A Tax on Christmas Trees?

But the change quickly drew complaints from Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., and others. Scalise described the fee as a "Grinch" move by the Obama administration and vowed to fight it.

White House spokesman Matt Lehrich told Fox News on Wednesday afternoon that the administration is putting a stop to the proposal.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Re: You may not be happy with America......

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 pm

I was an Obama supporter, but it's obvious now he just doesn't have what it takes to get things done in DC. If he's the Dem candidate next election, it won't be close.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Return to Shea Field